Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Updates...

Memorial Day weekend was a good one. Syracuse men's lacrosse won their 10th national championship and the Detroit Red Wings went up 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals complete with 2 shut out from Chris Osgood. From a sports point of view, it was a weekend for the history books.

In other news, I've got about a week until I depart for Ireland. I've got a ton of work to do while I'm there and I'm a little bit intimidated about the entire endeavor. It's safe to say that with all the preparation graduate school provides, it's difficult for an American university to prepare their students for European research (at least at my school that's the case). With the Euro and the Pound Sterling killing my savings account and little to no funding from other sources, it's fair to say I'm nervous. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some good pictures in my moments of free time over there and post them here.

No comments: