Monday, July 14, 2008

Peadar O'Donnell's

My roommates and I have been frequenting a bar in Derry called Peadar O'Donnell's. They have sessions nightly of traditional Irish music and only last night did I remember to bring my camera and snap a few pictures. These folks sound really good and even do a number of Neil Young songs arranged in a traditional Irish vein. Very cool! Brother Neil keeps the free world rocking for sure. (Side note: when I was in Cork, I was watching the weekly sports recap show on RTE and the music they played over the credits was "Rockin' In The Free World." Is there a connection between Ireland and Neil Young I'm missing? I mean he's from Ontario?!) Anyway, the set up for the session was two fiddles, a guitar, and a multi-instrumentalist who played Uilleann pipes, bouzouki, and a variety of whistles. I tried to get pictures of each.






From left: Rich, Rich's buddy, and Joe (Rich and Joe are two of my roommates. Nice lads.)

No comments: