Friday, November 14, 2008

So much going on

A lot going on this weekend, but the main thing is that I'm back in Michigan this weekend visiting the old haunts, as it were. The most significant revelation game tonight with my buddy Joe. Both avid hockey fans, we sought a local game to attend since I was in town. The Wings were in Florida and everyone else seemed to have away games as well. Then Joe remembered the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL. Let me tell you, I understand the appeal of minor league baseball to baseball fans (which I certainly am not). The Whalers game was awesome. They play in an arena that seats probably 5000, have $5 tall boys of Labatt Blue, and a great on ice product. We had a lot of fun watching the game and the team played well. The Whale ended up winning 5-1, with the last two goals being real beauties. Needless to say, Joe and I are both hooked. The OHL is awesome. As much as I enjoy going to NHL games, I had a ton of fun at the OHL game tonight. It was so laid back, inexpensive, and enjoyable that I just had to mention it. So if you have minor league hockey in your area do yourself a favor and check it out. You won't regret it.

No comments: