Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Coming to America

Well, I'm finally back home. The last week in London was really exhaustive, but, at the same time, I got a lot of work done. I spent a few hours on Sunday tooling around London, but nothing really to write home about. Monday was a long day, what with two flights, one of them being transatlantic. Nevertheless, I got home safely. As the plane was touching down at O'Hare the one thing that kept going through my mind was Neil Diamond's "Coming To America." That made me laugh.

So now that the initial research trip is done it's on to the next stage of the dissertation - going through all that material and starting to figure out how to put the thing together. We'll see how much stuff I have to write about here as the process unfolds.

All for now.

1 comment:

Tim Lacy said...

Congrats! You made it home. That's something---but the research is really now just beginning (i.e. cross-checking archival docs with your books). Good luck! - TL